Venturing ADULT Leader
As an adult leader, how do I qualify to wear this patch?
Step 1: Complete Adult Leader Youth Protection Training. The training is FREE and available online. Here is the link: Venturing Leader Youth Protection Training
Step 2: Complete Fast Start Training for your Scouting role. The training is FREE and available online. Here is the link: Venturing Fast Start Leader Training
Step 3: Complete This is Scouting Training. The training is FREE and available online. Here is the link: This is Scouting Training. This training replaces New Leader Essentials and takes about 45 minutes to complete.
Step 4: Attend Leader-Specific Training for your position in the Crew. In addition, you can choose to attend Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills.
Congratulations! Now that you’ve earned your patch, consider additional training:
- University of Scouting for all Adult Leaders – early Saturday in January at SMU
- Circle Ten Council Wood Badge Leader Training
- Southern Region Powder Horn High Adventure Leader Training
- BSA Training Continuum diagram
- BSA Training Continuum discussion
- Guide To Safe Scouting
- Other BSA Forms
- Philmont Training Center information
EVERY SCOUT DESERVES A TRAINED LEADER